Established in 2020, WiF: Australia unites a community of Australian researchers at all stages of their career, including full-time continuing researchers, ECRs and postgraduates. The research interests of our members are broadly anchored in studies on French and Francophone women authors, feminist literary criticism and gender studies.
The association was initiated by and is affiliated with the North American Women in French (WiF) Association.
- President: Dr Christie Margrave (The Australian National University (ANU))
- Vice President: Associate Professor Bonnie Thomas (The University of Western Australia (UWA))
- Secretary and Early Career Researcher Representative: Dr Françoise Campbell (Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Modern Languages Research (IMLR))
- International Liaison Officers: Dr Christopher Hogarth (The University of South Australia (UniSA)) and Professor Natalie Edwards (The University of Adelaide)
- Communications Officer and Postgraduate Student Representative: Ms Beth Kearney (The University of Queensland (UQ))
Women in French: Australia’s logo was created by Yiyun Zhou.